To work as a certified CNA in Idaho, candidate has to follow a set of step that includes- taking the state approved nurse aide training, passing the competency exam and appearing on the nursing registry of Idaho.
The state registry and training programs are handled by the ‘Idaho Department of Health and Welfare’, and the exams are administered through the Prometric.
Candidates become eligible to take CNA training program in the state, Idaho, if
- They own a proof of GED or diploma of High school;
- Their age is 18 or above;
- They have undergone a complete physical and drug screening test and immunized up-to-date. Candidates must be a TB negative; and
- They must not have any criminal background. For this, they need to take criminal background check, including a felony and finger data arrest check.
Candidates must pass the skill test within the 6 months and the written test within the 12 months of the completion of the nursing aide training program.
How to Apply
After meeting the eligibility requirement, the next step is to take the state approved CNA training programs. But if aspirants fall in the following criteria, they need not to attend the training programs-
- ‘Reciprocity’, that means if a candidate is already registered in the CNA registry of other state then he/she will be placed on the Nurse Aide Registry of Idaho without taking the training or testing;
- ‘Waiver’- It includes those individuals who own proof of RN or LPN licensures of other states. These candidates enjoy the privilege to enter into the Idaho registry just by a simple application;
- ‘Challenge’- CNA aspiring candidates have to pass the CNA exam of the state if they have completed their state approved CNA training, finished successfully a semester in a nursing school, or own a status of ‘expired’ on the nurse aide registry of other states or
- ‘Lapsed’- These are either those candidates who failed to discharge their CNA duties in the past 24 months, or graduate (or student) nurses who have taken a study course of at least 100 hours. These candidates are not required to take the training. They have to take and pass the exam to earn the CNA credentials and work as a CNA in the state.
For other aspiring CNAs, training is must. Limited schools of the Idaho offer the nursing aide training. The official website of the ‘Department of Health and Welfare’ shows the state approved training programs’ list.
An approved training program of the state will have at least 120 hours having 80 hours for classroom lectures and 40 hours for learning healthcare skills. Candidates become eligible to apply for the competency examination after attending the training of the mandatory hours. Application for the exam is done through the website of ‘Prometric’, but testing takes place either at the location chosen by the ‘Department of Health and Welfare’ training or at the training location. Testing involves only the written examination as manual skills are evaluated and approved during the training.
The average price to take the CNA training in Idaho is roughly around $ 800-1000. Apart from this, there are testing fees as well. Here, they are-
- Oral examination- $ 39 + the site fees
- Written examination- $ 29 + the site fees
Idaho’s CNA certificate expires in two years. A candidate can apply for the renewal of the certificate only if he/she were paid employed and have worked for at least one documented in the last 1 year. If candidates do not offer paid nursing services for at least 8 hours a day in the last 2 years, their certificate is not renewed. They are required to take both the exams (written and practical) again in order to become a certified CNA of Idaho.
The reminder mail regarding the renewal of certificates is dispatched to all CNAs around 45 days before the expiration date of the certificate.
Must Know Facts
- Within 6 months post completing the training, candidate is supposed to pass the manual skills and the written test within 12 months after the completion of the training.
- According to the Federal Laws, employers pay all the fees that comes with the CNA certification if a candidate is employed (or got the employment offer) in a nursing facility.
- Aspirants get three attempts in two years to qualify the CNA exam. If they fail to pass the exams, they are required to re-take the training program and then appear for the exam to earn the CNA credentials.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
- Earn your accredited online degree from SNHU. Study Anytime, Anywhere. Flexible on your schedule
- Over 200 career-focused online programs, one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation and a network of support.
- Southern New Hampshire University. Private. Nonprofit. Accredited.
- IMBA - Healthcare Management
- MBA with concentration in Healthcare Informatics
- MBA with concentration in Healthcare Management
- And more...