CNA certification can be earned in Kansas if aspirants attend the state approved program and successfully pass the competency examination. Candidates can work as a CNA only after appearing in the state’s Nurse Aide Registry. The ‘Kansa Department for Aging and Disability Services’ manages the state’s CNA registry. The ‘Kansas Department of Health and Environment’ is an agency that oversees and credentials the CNA certification to aspirants in Kansas.
Training programs can be taken in technical schools, community colleges, adult care homes, long-term care facilities, post-secondary schools, long term units of hospital, technical schools and nursing homes.
Following is a set of criteria for the applicants, to get eligible for the training program:
- Candidates must submit criminal background check with no felony arrest past record and fingerprint data;
- Minimum age of the applicant must be 18 years;
- Candidates must possess the documentation of High School Diploma or an equivalent GED;
- Candidates must take a complete physical test that includes drug check, TB test, and a proof of immunizations.
How to Apply
Taking the training program is crucial to write the CNA exam and appear on the CNA registry of Kansas. If candidates use any of the following alternative methods, they are not required to take the training program-
- Lapsed- CNAs with an expired or inactive license can sit for the exam directly after taking a short refresher course; or
- Reciprocity- Candidates, who are already placed in the other states’ nursing registry can skip the training and sit for the exam.
Candidates who need to apply for the program should reach to the link in order to know the training programs approved by the KDADS-
Approved programs of 75 hours in the state Kansa, are divided between the classroom study of 60 hours and practical work of 15 hours. After completing the training, candidate needs to apply for the exam eligibility. CNA competency exam has got two sections- written and practical sections.
There is no specific fee for taking up the training program; it varies as per the colleges. Some colleges may charge around $ 1000. Training takes several months to terminate. Testing fees is charged separately. Testing fees for Written and Skill tests is $ 20.
Employed aspirants need not to pay the training and testing fees as it is paid by their employers.
CNA certificate remains valid for 2 years. The certificate can be renewed if candidates have taken approved CNA education continuously for 30 hours.
Must Know Facts
- Paid fees are non-refundable.
- To qualify the exams (written and practical), candidates get three attempts from beginning to end of the course, every year. If s/he fails to pass the exam in 1 year, then they are required to take the training over again.
- New test fee is to be paid for every attempt of the exam.
- Aspirants can take the sample exam on -
Explore a new career with Concorde Career College. We offer short-term programs in the fields of allied health, massage therapy, and nursing, including medical assisting, medical office administration, respiratory therapy, surgical technology, pharmacy technician, physical therapy assisting, occupational therapy assisting, practical nursing, vocational nursing, nursing bridge, dental assisting, and dental hygiene. Our focus is on hands-on skill-building, so you get real-life training and experience. We have 16 campuses located in and around major metro areas throughout California, Colorado, Florida, Missouri, Oregon, Tennessee, and Texas.
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing - (AAS)
- Medical Assisting - (AAS)
- And more...
As the largest private university in North America, University of Phoenix has locations nationwide, and is available online in most countries around the world. Whether you're seeking a college degree at an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level, we can help you reach your academic goal and sooner than you might think.
- Master of Science in Nursing/Nurse Education
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Project Management
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Sustainability Management
- And more...
Grow, lead, succeed - with an online graduate degree
Keiser University Graduate School provides student-centered, quality career education that enables you to make an immediate contribution to your profession. For over 35 years, Keiser University's commitment to excellence has led to success for our graduates. Our unique combination of a strong curriculum rich in relevant courses for today’s workforce and our students-first approach provides an outstanding academic experience. Become part of a caring, learning environment, whether online or on campus, led by experienced faculty who bring you real-world challenges and solutions.
- Nursing, MS (Online)