CNA certification can be earned in Kansas if aspirants attend the state approved program and successfully pass the competency examination. Candidates can work as a CNA only after appearing in the state’s Nurse Aide Registry. The ‘Kansa Department for Aging and Disability Services’ manages the state’s CNA registry. The ‘Kansas Department of Health and Environment’ is an agency that oversees and credentials the CNA certification to aspirants in Kansas.
Training programs can be taken in technical schools, community colleges, adult care homes, long-term care facilities, post-secondary schools, long term units of hospital, technical schools and nursing homes.
Following is a set of criteria for the applicants, to get eligible for the training program:
- Candidates must submit criminal background check with no felony arrest past record and fingerprint data;
- Minimum age of the applicant must be 18 years;
- Candidates must possess the documentation of High School Diploma or an equivalent GED;
- Candidates must take a complete physical test that includes drug check, TB test, and a proof of immunizations.
How to Apply
Taking the training program is crucial to write the CNA exam and appear on the CNA registry of Kansas. If candidates use any of the following alternative methods, they are not required to take the training program-
- Lapsed– CNAs with an expired or inactive license can sit for the exam directly after taking a short refresher course; or
- Reciprocity– Candidates, who are already placed in the other states’ nursing registry can skip the training and sit for the exam.
Candidates who need to apply for the program should reach to the link in order to know the training programs approved by the KDADS-
Approved programs of 75 hours in the state Kansa, are divided between the classroom study of 60 hours and practical work of 15 hours. After completing the training, candidate needs to apply for the exam eligibility. CNA competency exam has got two sections- written and practical sections.
There is no specific fee for taking up the training program; it varies as per the colleges. Some colleges may charge around $ 1000. Training takes several months to terminate. Testing fees is charged separately. Testing fees for Written and Skill tests is $ 20.
Employed aspirants need not to pay the training and testing fees as it is paid by their employers.
CNA certificate remains valid for 2 years. The certificate can be renewed if candidates have taken approved CNA education continuously for 30 hours.
Must Know Facts
- Paid fees are non-refundable.
- To qualify the exams (written and practical), candidates get three attempts from beginning to end of the course, every year. If s/he fails to pass the exam in 1 year, then they are required to take the training over again.
- New test fee is to be paid for every attempt of the exam.
- Aspirants can take the sample exam on –
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited, and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs & dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid & more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing Education - Master
- Nursing Leadership - Master
- RN to BSN
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Certificate: Legal Nurse Consulting