CNA certification can be earned in Kansas if aspirants attend the state approved program and successfully pass the competency examination. Candidates can work as a CNA only after appearing in the state’s Nurse Aide Registry. The ‘Kansa Department for Aging and Disability Services’ manages the state’s CNA registry. The ‘Kansas Department of Health and Environment’ is an agency that oversees and credentials the CNA certification to aspirants in Kansas.
Training programs can be taken in technical schools, community colleges, adult care homes, long-term care facilities, post-secondary schools, long term units of hospital, technical schools and nursing homes.
Following is a set of criteria for the applicants, to get eligible for the training program:
- Candidates must submit criminal background check with no felony arrest past record and fingerprint data;
- Minimum age of the applicant must be 18 years;
- Candidates must possess the documentation of High School Diploma or an equivalent GED;
- Candidates must take a complete physical test that includes drug check, TB test, and a proof of immunizations.
How to Apply
Taking the training program is crucial to write the CNA exam and appear on the CNA registry of Kansas. If candidates use any of the following alternative methods, they are not required to take the training program-
- Lapsed– CNAs with an expired or inactive license can sit for the exam directly after taking a short refresher course; or
- Reciprocity– Candidates, who are already placed in the other states’ nursing registry can skip the training and sit for the exam.
Candidates who need to apply for the program should reach to the link in order to know the training programs approved by the KDADS-
Approved programs of 75 hours in the state Kansa, are divided between the classroom study of 60 hours and practical work of 15 hours. After completing the training, candidate needs to apply for the exam eligibility. CNA competency exam has got two sections- written and practical sections.
There is no specific fee for taking up the training program; it varies as per the colleges. Some colleges may charge around $ 1000. Training takes several months to terminate. Testing fees is charged separately. Testing fees for Written and Skill tests is $ 20.
Employed aspirants need not to pay the training and testing fees as it is paid by their employers.
CNA certificate remains valid for 2 years. The certificate can be renewed if candidates have taken approved CNA education continuously for 30 hours.
Must Know Facts
- Paid fees are non-refundable.
- To qualify the exams (written and practical), candidates get three attempts from beginning to end of the course, every year. If s/he fails to pass the exam in 1 year, then they are required to take the training over again.
- New test fee is to be paid for every attempt of the exam.
- Aspirants can take the sample exam on –
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Master of Science in Nursing Online