Taking CNA classes in Kentucky would be an intelligent move for those, who are aimed at making a career as a nurse aide. These professionals are qualified to give care to patients and residents in clinics, hospitals and rehabilitation centers. In this state, nursing assistants are usually termed as State Registered Nurse Aide (SRNA). The job prospects for SRNAs, throughout Kentucky, are excellent. Therefore, soon find a training program in your locality and prepare yourself to grab this golden opportunity.
CNA Classes in Kentucky: In-depth Information
Accredited CNA training in Kentucky are conducted through the American Red Cross, technical training centers, long-term care facilities and community colleges. It’s imperative for these institutes to provide at least 75 hours of instruction. The whole curriculum of nursing assistant programs is divided into 59 hours of classroom coursework and 16 hours of hands-on practice in a clinical environment.
All the nurse aide classes in the state are recognized by the Kentucky Cabinet of Health and Family Services. Ability to comprehend English, 18 years of age, clean crime history, negative TB report and good mental and physical health are some of the crucial requirements to take admittance in CNA programs. The training classes complete within 4 to 12 weeks and are the cost associated with these programs ranges between $900 and $2000.
Prevention of infection, fluids and nutrition, medical terminologies, roles & responsibilities of nurse aides, etc. are some of the topics, included in the classroom teaching. During practical training in hospitals and nursing homes, students get chances to apply their nursing skills on the actual patients, under the guidance of experienced nurses and doctors. You will learn to measure blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate and other vital signs, address the needs of the patient, reporting health changes to the doctor, maintaining the documents of the patients, etc.
Featured CNA Classes in Kentucky
- Saint Catharine College
Address: 2735, Bardstown Road, Saint Catharine, Kentucky-40061
Contact Number: (859) 336-5082
Official Website: http://www.sccky.edu/
- Southeast Kentucky Community & Technical College
Address: 700, College Road, Cumberland, Kentucky-40823
Contact Number: (606) 589-2145
Fax: (606) 589-3175
Official Website: http://www.southeast.kctcs.edu/
- West Kentucky Community & Technical College
Address: 4810, Alben Barkley Drive, Paducah, Kentucky- 42001
Contact Number: (270) 554-9200
Official Website: http://www.westkentucky.kctcs.edu/
- Madisonville Community College
Address: 2000, College Drive, Madisonville, Kentucky-42431
Contact Number: (270) 821-2250
Fax: (270) 824-1866
Official Website: http://www.madisonville.kctcs.edu/
- Hazard Community & Technical College
Address: 1, Community College Drive, Hazard, Kentucky-41701
Contact Number: (800) 246-7521
Official Website: http://www.hazard.kctcs.edu/
- Bowling GreenTechnical College
Address: 1845, Loop Drive, Bowling Green, Kentucky-42101
Contact Number: (270) 901-1000
Official Website: https://bowlinggreen.kctcs.edu/
- Elizabethtown Community & Technical College
Address: 600, College Street Road, Elizabethtown, Kentucky-42701
Contact Number: (270) 769-2371
Official Website: http://www.elizabethtown.kctcs.edu/
- AshlandCommunity & Technical College
Address: 1400, College Drive, Ashland, Kentucky-41101-3617
Contact Number: (606) 326-2000
Official Website: http://www.ashland.kctcs.edu/
- JeffersonCommunity & Technical College
Address: 109, East Broadway, Louisville, Kentucky-40202
Contact Number: (502) 213-5333
Official Website: http://www.jefferson.kctcs.edu/
- Somerset Community College
Address: 808, Monticello Street, Somerset, Kentucky-42501
Contact Number: (877) 629-9722
Official Website: http://www.somerset.kctcs.edu/
- Owensboro Community & Technical College
Address: 4800, New Hartford Road, Owensboro, Kentucky-42303
Contact Number: (270) 686-4400
Official Website: http://www.owensboro.kctcs.edu/
- Big SandyCommunity & Technical College
Address: 1, Bert T. Combs Drive, Prestonburg, Kentucky-41653
Contact Number: (606) 886-3863
Official Website: http://www.bigsandy.kctcs.edu/
- BluegrassCommunity & Technical College
Address: 470, Cooper Drive, Lexington, Kentucky-40506-0235
Contact Number: (866) 774-4872
Official Website: http://www.bluegrass.kctcs.edu/
- Henderson Community College
Address: 2660, South Green Street, Henderson, Kentucky-42420
Contact Number: (270) 827-1867
Official Website: http://www.henderson.kctcs.edu/
Nurse Assisting Schools in Kentucky
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
- Ranked 16th among the Best Colleges for Veterans in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Ranked among the Best Regional Universities in the South in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- A private institution founded in 1921 and located in Crestview Hills, KY.
- Has an average freshman retention rate is 68%.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 14:1, with 76% of its classes having fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing Leadership - Master's
- Nursing Education - Master's