The typical salary structure of a certified nursing assistant in New Jersey falls in the brackets of $20,500 to $35,000, on annual basis. New Jersey is among those few states, which offers nurse aides a standard salary of $35,000 or above on annual basis, seeing their experience and capabilities.
The nursing assistant job can require more high morals and dedication to serve the patients with affection and concern, however, at the same time, it is evenly challenging too. New Jersey has emerged out as one of the best salary payer for CNAs in the whole country. The state has several upcoming opportunities in the medical care field, which has made multiple potential nursing aides to apply for the positions taking it into consideration, on a serious level.
Advantages of Being an Experienced CNA
This is applicable for any profession in New Jersey that the salary one can look forward to will mainly depend on the relevant job experience. You will stumble upon some of the positions in this area, which will only call for individuals with at least a year of work experience, while some can consider only those who have 2 or more years of worth experience.
New jersey is also comprises of workplaces, which hires inexperienced nurse aides at low payments. For example, some of the home healthcare amenities and nursing homes do so, in order to manage their high expenses on hiring experienced ones. This has been bear out to be a vast source of learning for the CNAs in the medical field. As, in less time they acquire a lot of nursing skills, which prepares them for high paying positions. Individuals, working as self-employed CNAs in New Jersey can also make up to $52,000 per annum or more at average.
Impact of Job Location on the Salary
The average pay searched out in New Jersey for CNAs is around $31,000 annually. However, in some of the places, like Newark, Paramus, Bergin, New Brunswick, Middle sex and Somerset, an annual pay of $37,000 or above has also been tracked for certified nursing assistants.
Considering the employer and the location in New Jersey, a lot of things changed, and the pay roll is one of those. One has to bear this discrepancy with low wages, if employed in a rustic area. Undoubtedly, employers situated in city mostly pay a good deal of money. Nevertheless, this all gets equivalent to the payment made in the rural sectors, as the standard of living is higher. Some of the places in rural sections pay a good amount, such as, government hospitals in these areas make exemplary payment to the nursing aides.
As abovementioned, the median salary varies in New Jersey as, the state covers three geographic sections i.e. North Jersey, South Jersey and Central Jersey. Every region possesses diverse environments in its population, geography and economy. Central Jersey is professed as a self-sufficient entity with more stable financial system and a central for business and industries. All these factors congregate in increasing the salary range of CNAs in NJ much higher than other regions.
Newark being the largest city of New Jersey, offers the best possible highest salary for certified nursing assistants on annual basis.
CNAs here easily make approximate income of $16 on hourly basis, which sums up in the total of $33,000 per annum. This attractive pay lure qualified nursing aides from other places also to travel and join in this industry in New Jersey to live an opportune life.
Lowest & Highest Income
Where certain metropolis are offering a great pay scale; there are also some places that give quite a low amount to nurse aides in NJ. Vineland comes under the low paying cities of New Jersey, with a low wages of $10 to $12 per hour and accumulating into lower than $24,000 in a year. Though, the pay is not adequate to afford a well settled way of life; yet this could be somewhat turn out to be a best alternative for a certified nursing assistant, who has just started his/her career at this place.
On the contrary, Newark being the largest city of New Jersey holds a much better prospect, where a nursing assistant can make up to $33,128 on annual basis, and around $16 on hourly basis. Nurse aides working in Cherry Hill receive a decent average amount of $29,801 per year. Atlantic City gives $31,268, wherein Long Branch is slightly better with $31,439 annually. Trenton offers a good pay of $32,057 and Paterson provides $32,875 yearly in New Jersey.
Standard CNA Salary in New Jersey
Average Yearly Income in United States
|Average Yearly Income in New Jersey||$31,000|
CNA Salary in the Urban Areas of New Jersey
Name of Metropolis
|Average Yearly Income|
CNA Salary in Various Backgrounds
Name of Employment Settings
|Average Yearly Income|
|Home Health Agencies||$33,000|
Average Salary with Related Professional Titles
In USD, as of March-3 (2013)
Certified Nurse Aide
|Home Health Aide||$15,000|
|Patient Care Assistant||$25,000|
|Certified Nursing Assistant||$21,000|
|Certified Nursing Assistant Cna||$20,000|
|Certified Nurse Assistant||$15,000|
|Cna – Pca||$12,000|
As per Salary.com, the middle 50 % of nurse aides have received a median pay of $25,754 to $30,957 on annual basis, by March 2011, on a national scale. Additionally, the data also showed that the average annual income of CNAs in Long Branch, Atlantic City, Newark, Paterson and Trenton positions in the top 25%, nationally.
As per the federal law, it is mandatory to have essential credential before getting into this field. We take Long Branch as the best possible example for instances, like hiring CNAs without any relevant certification credential. Such nurse aides easily make up to an average standard pay of $29,376, as compared with a certified nursing assistant, who earns $31,439 per year, in New Jersey. Nevertheless, if you become a certified nursing aide in New Jersey, then several employment options are available for you in this area. Multiple new openings have encroached in the state for nursing assistants.
If you too are interested to get in this sector as soon as possible, then it’s imperative for you to complete the 90-hour CNA programme in New Jersey via ‘Long Term Care Facilities Training’ and ‘Competency Evaluation Programs’.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...