Has the medical field always attracted you? Then train yourself as a CNA or Certified Nursing Assistant free of cost. The improving technology will help you to acquire a professional training as a nursing assistant, that is, you can learn all the skills from the CNA training videos on the internet or the compact discs or DVDs available in the market.
Basically a certified nursing assistant is the medical person who assists and takes care of the ailing patients under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN). The CNAs are also known by many other names such as, orderlies, State Tested Nurse (STNA), Patient care technician, Healthcare Assistant (HCA) and nursing assistant.
If you are already an employee and looking for the additional training, then instead of paying for the training in vocational colleges and universities, the CNA training videos are available free of cost on the internet.
These training videos train the students in the following aspects:
- Basic nursing and clinical skills.
- Restorative skills.
- Emergency care.
- Nutrition and infection control.
- Disinfecting or sterilizing the medical instruments used during the treatment.
- Handling the X-ray machines, radiology machines.
- Fall prevention.
- Residents’ rights.
- Skin breakdown.
- Cleaning the patients’ room and helping the patients to bath and groom and so on.
The CNA training video mainly consists of three things:
- Peer to peer instructions
- Narrated educational points and strengthening.
- Documentary styles interviews, which the professional CNAs share tips and techniques to conquer the interviews.
This three step procedure provides a very encouraging and appealing educational experience.
These knowledgeable CNA training videos are easy to use and self-sufficient. The total length of the videos may last for an hour. Each video comes with the instructor’s guide and students’ guide. They also consist of pre and post tests.