There are different schools, community colleges and hospitals, who offer quality nursing degree and research. A nursing student can avail campus as well as online degree through a number of nursing schools and universities.
The online degrees are most appropriate for the working professionals and people who do not have enough financial resources or lack enough free time for the campus degree programs due to various reasons.
It is also mandatory that the degree programs offered by various nursing school, should be accredited by any one of the major State or National approved National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and Missouri State Board of Nursing.
The main mission of Missouri State Board of Nursing is to protect the public, oversee that only qualified nursing professional holds the license and maintain nursing standards.
Missouri Nursing Degree programs
- Bachelor of Sciences in Nursing (BSN), for LPN which is 4 year program.
- Associates of Nursing (ADN) is 2 to 3 years for LPN to RN
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing for LVN
- · Licensed Practical Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing for LPN
- Master of Science in Nursing for RN
- Master of Science in Nursing from BSN
- Bachelor of Sciences in Nursing (BSN) for Diploma/Foreign Trained RN
- Licensed Practical Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN or LVN); Registered Nurse (RN)
- Nurse Practitioner.
There are also numerous online degree programs in different nursing fields, which prepare a nursing student for leadership role in administration, nurse educator and further research.
It is also necessary that to become an LPN or RN a nursing student will have to pass NCLEX-PN Exam (LPN) and NCLEX-RN Exam (RN). They are also eligible to test for certification as a Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL).