If it is your wish to attend the top nursing school in America, you can select University of Rochester School of Nursing, which was founded in 1925, when the first educational nursing program was established and became full fledged School of Nursing in 1972. The rich history of 80 years in nursing education has made the school a leader in nursing education and innovation. School of Nursing is also a part of the University of Rochester and the University of Rochester Medical Center and affiliated with Strong Health, an integrated health care delivery system.
The characteristics of the University of Rochester School Of Nursing can be explained through following points
- A Community of Adult, Lifelong Learners
- “Practitioners Who Teach” and “Researchers Who Teach”
- Community Health Care Activists
- Citizens of the World
- Part of an Extended Family of Pre-eminent Institutions
The faculties and Researchers of the Rochester School of Nursing specialize in following field:
- Acute Care / Critical Care
- Administration / Strategic Planning
- Patient Safety
- Heath Care Systems
- Clinical Bioethics
- Community Health
- Primary Care
- Disaster Management
- Psychiatry /Mental Health
- Women’s Health
- And more…
- Accelerated Program for Non-Nurses (APNN)
- BS Completion & BS/MS Programs for RN’s
- Nurse Practitioner Programs
- Leadership Programs
- DNP, PhD, & MS-PhD Programs
- Post-Doctoral Fellowships
- Center for Lifelong Learning
- School is registered by State Education Department, Professional Education.
- School is Accredited by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education for a 5 year accreditation, 2008-2013
- The University of Rochester is accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education and reaccredited in 2004.
- Nursing’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program received a five-year accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) in 2010.
- U.S. News & World Report: In 2011, U.S. News& World Report ranked the UR School of Nursing 32nd among 442 numerically-scored national schools of nursing.
- The UR School of Nursing was ranked 14th among 80 national schools of nursing for National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding in 2011.
- The Helene Fuld Health Trust, HSBC Bank USA, Trustee, the nations largest private funder has granted a generous gift of 2.5 million dollar award, to the University of Rochester School of Nursing Fuld Scholar Programs primarily supporting student scholarships.
- The University Of Rochester School Of Nursing is the only nursing school to receive Gold certification since the inception of the award in 1992.
- UR School is the first school of Nursing in the country to offer a master’s degree program in Leadership in Disaster Response and Emergency Preparedness.
- UR School is the first (and only) School of Nursing to establish and lead a NICHE Program in the RU affiliated hospital system (Strong Health). Started in 1992, NICHE has evolved into a national geriatric nursing program consisting 197 active sites in 38 states as well as parts of Canada and The Netherlands.
University of Rochester School of Nursing
Helen Wood Hall
601 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14642