In Nevada, nursing degrees can be availed from community colleges and schools located at Las Vegas, Elko, Henderson, Reno and so on. The main campus offering these degrees is the University of Nevada, which specialize in BSN, DNP, MSN and PHD, Western Nevada College Nursing offers Allied Health offers Associate of Applied Science degree in Nursing, University of Southern Nevada Nursing School, provides Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Nevada State College: School of Nursing, RN to BSN Track and Bachelor of Science in Occupational Science degree.
Nevada Nursing Degree Programs
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): Doctoral programs are research-focused and practice focused. Most research-focused programs grant the Doctor of Philosophy degree (PhD) and Doctor of Nursing Science degree (DNS, DSN, or DNS)
- The Baccalaureate Program for BSN Graduate: Students after completion of 4 year program are eligible to appear for the national examination (NC-LEX-RN) required for licensure as a registered nurse
- The Master of Science in Nursing program has a twofold purpose of building baccalaureate foundation in the preparation of advanced clinicians and educators in nursing and to offer a foundation for doctoral study.
- PhD in Nursing Program prepares a student for leadership role in roles as leader, scholar, researcher, and educator in nursing education, the health care industry, or government and private organizations focused on nursing health care.
- RN to BSN: This program is for licensed registered nurses who have graduated from associate degree or diploma nursing programs
- MSN from UNLV is an advanced coursework option through the RN to BSN.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- BSN to MSN
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Nursing
The student opting for these degree courses also has the facility of Financial Aid, Scholarships, Grants, Loans and Repayment options.