South Carolina is also facing nurse shortage problems, similar to other states of America and finding it difficult to keep pace with the demand of nurses in different health care facilities, all over the state. The situation has further reached in critical phase, as there are not enough nurse educators or faculties to train new nurses in Nursing Schools of South Carolina. Numerous nursing education applicants are deprived up nursing education due to these shortages.
Such scenarios give best opportunity to nurses to opt for advance studies and continue education to become educators in many specialized nursing fields. These reasons make nursing education a lucrative proposal to aspiring nursing students because the shortages also lead to easy employment with attractive salary.
The SC state nursing schools offer various types of entry level diplomas to graduate level degrees, masters, doctoral, research and PhD, through various private schools, public schools, technical institutes and hospitals. The aspiring students also have the option of online, evening and part time options to complete their programs.
These online options provide learning opportunities together with working to professionals, who can not spare enough time to attend day time campus programs. The flexible timing offered by the distance learning classes offers student a chance to complete their programs at their own pace or at their leisurely hours sitting at home.
Various types of degrees offered by the schools in SC include:
- Adult Care, Health Care Administrator, Women’s Health, Home Health, Community Health and Family Care,
- Gerontology, Neonatal, Nutrition and Pediatrics
- Pharmacology, Anatomy and Physiology
- Psychiatric/Mental Health
- Accelerate Degrees
Most of the nursing schools in SC are recognized by any one of federal and state approved US Nursing commissions such as National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and approved by South Carolina State Board of Nursing.
It is also necessary that different schools have different Admission criteria that must be completed by nursing aspirants for enrolling in the different programs in the school.
Featured Nursing Schools in South Carolina
- Aiken Technical College
- Bob Jones University
- Central Carolina Technical College
- Charleston Southern University
- Cherokee Technology Center
- Clemson University
- Denmark Technical College
- Florence-Darlington Technical College
- Francis Marion University
- Greenville Technical College
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College
- Lander University
- Marion County Technical Education Center
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Midlands Technical College
- Miller-Motte Technical College
- Newberry College
- South Carolina State University
- Spartanburg Community College
- University of South Carolina
- Virginia College
- York Technical College