Candidates, who wish to carry out their career as a nursing assistant, must register themselves for CNA classes in New Mexico, which provide 75 hours of training. Without enrolling in an accredited nurse aide program, you can’t get the certificate. In short, it’s a mandatory step towards accomplishing your dream of becoming a certified nursing assistant.
The aspirants are ought to apply for reciprocity of their nurse aide certification if they have obtained it from other state, but wish to work in New Mexico. In this process, the applicant has to submit an application to the New Mexico state to accept the CNA credentials from the other state, without taking the nursing classes and exam again.
CNA Classes in New Mexico: In-depth Information
Applicants can enroll in CNA programs only if they fulfill the below given conditions:
- They are of or above 18 years of age.
- Aspirants must compulsory own a photo ID or a New Mexico state driver’s license.
- They should have a high school diploma or GED or an equivalent degree.
- Candidates must surpass the criminal background check.
- They must qualify the drug screening test.
Nursing assistant classes provide guidance to the candidates in two parts- practical and theoretical. But, if you have certain work-related obligations, family responsibilities or any other issues, you can opt for online CNA training. Online programs are less expensive and time-consuming in comparison to the traditional ones.
During the training, you can expect to learn the following:
- Bathe and dress the patient properly
- Act in response to several emergencies
- Basic human framework
- Psychological state and behavior of the patient
- Administration of the medications
- Recording the essential signs of the patient
Featured CNA Classes in New Mexico
- Central New Mexico Community College
Address: 525, Buena Vista Drive South East, Albuquerque, New Mexico- 87106
Contact Number: 505-224-3000
Official Website: cnm.edu
- Dona Ana Community College
Address:2800, North Sonoma Ranch Boulevard, Las Cruces, New Mexico- 88011
Contact Number: 575-527-7500 or 800-903-7503
Official Website: dabcc.nmsu.edu
- Mesalands Community College
Address:911, South 10th Street, Tucumcari, New Mexico– 88401
Contact Number: (575) 461-4413
Official Website: mesalands.edu
- Eastern New Mexico University
Address:1500, South Avenue K, Portales, New Mexico– 88130
Contact Number: (575) 562-1011
Official Website: enmu.edu
- New Mexico State University
Address: Las Cruces, New Mexico- 88310
Contact Number: 575-646-0111
Official Website: nmsu.edu
- The University of New Mexico
Address: 280, La Entrada Road, Los Lunas, New Mexico– 87031
Contact Number:(505) 925-8560 or (505) 925-8600
- University of New Mexico-Gallup
Address: 705, Gurley Avenue, Gallup, New Mexico– 87301
Contact Number:(505) 863-7500
- Northen New Mexico College
Address: 921, North Paseo de Oñate, Española, New Mexico- 87532
Contact Number:(505) 747-2100
- Northern New Mexico College
Address: P.O. Box- 160, El Rito, New Mexico– 87530
Contact Number:(575) 581-4100
- American Red Cross in New Mexico
Address: 7445, Pan American West Highway, North East Albuquerque, New Mexico- 87109
Contact Number:(505) 265-8514
Official Website: redcross.org
- Clovis Community College
Address: 417, Schepps Boulevard, Clovis, New Mexico– 88101
Contact Number:(575) 769-2811 or (800) 769-1409