As compared to other states Idaho does not have so many nursing degree providing schools or colleges but still they plan to offer best and quality instruction on nursing. The nursing students have different nursing degree program options for better career opportunities. The degrees ranges from entry level LPN to RN, BSN to MS. Online nurse practitioner programs are becoming more popular due to lower cost, working professionals and easy time access.
The Idaho University has also designed a distanced based online Associate Degree Registered Nurse program for Licensed Practical Nurses of Idaho Health care facilities. Through this program of classroom, clinical and laboratory learning, a LPN can prepare and sit for the NCLEX-RN exam.
Other Idaho Nursing Degree program details are mentioned as under:
Idaho Nursing Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Sciences in Nursing (BSN), for LPN which is 4 year program.
- Associates of Nursing (ADN) is 2 to 3 years for LPN to RN
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing for LVN
- Licensed Practical Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing for LPN
- Master of Science in Nursing for RN
- Master of Science in Nursing from BSN
- Bachelor of Sciences in Nursing (BSN) for Diploma/Foreign Trained RN
It is also necessary that nursing programs and nursing institutes should be accredited by any federal and state approved US Nursing commissions such as National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education to offer these nursing programs.