CNA training is the foremost step that takes you to a lucrative career of a certified nursing assistant. Students have to finish all segments of the nurse aide program, which includes clinical and theoretical instructions. Many aspirants give up the thought of becoming a nursing assistant considering the hefty cost of programs. As a matter of fact, the high cost of books and tuition takes a toll on one’s pocket. Nowadays, various government and non-profit organizations along with many healthcare facilities are offering free CNA training to the aspirants to fulfill the gap between the number of qualified nurse aides and the number of job openings. These free programs provide the similar quality education as you would receive in a paid program.
What is CNA Training?
Certified nursing assistant is a blooming profession, which needs the aspirant to be dedicated and willing to help others. Nursing assistant training is all about making you familiar with the theoretical and practical aspects of this career. CNA training programs last for 1-3 months and instruct you how to communicate with the patients and how to assist them in their daily activities. You are prepared to encounter the imminent challenges in your vocation through these education programs.
Ways to Get Free CNA Training
There are several ways to get free certified nursing assistant training. You can opt any of the following paths.
- Several nursing homes and hospitals organize free nurse aide training for those students, who are willing to work for them for free during the period of training. You can call your nearby healthcare facilities to know if they provide free training or not.
- Another great option to obtain free nurse training is CNA scholarship, which is funded by the Department of Public Health of the state. The scholarship will cover the entire expenses of your training. Various technical institutes and local colleges also offer financial assistance to the deserving students in the form of grants and scholarships. Contact the financial aid office at your college to check your qualifications for obtaining the financial aid.
- Many a times, hospitals and nursing homes sponsor free CNA training to those, who agree to work for them for a specified period of time. Keep in mind that once you sign the agreement, you are bound to fulfill the requirements of the contract. If you fail to do so, you’ll have to pay for the program. So, be mentally prepared before taking this route.
- Recently, some facilities have been approved to conduct nursing assistant training through the Air Force Aid Society Spouse Employment Program. The Air Force Aid Society will pay the certified nurse aide program fees for 10 spouses of the military.
- You can also avail nurse training without paying a single penny through the internet. There are several institutes that offer online nursing assistant education. But, through these online programs, you can study only theoretical aspect. You’ll have to take hands-on-practice through local hospitals or clinics.
- Several non-profit and federal government organizations, like the American Red Cross and the Job Corps, not only provides free training and education to the eligible students, but also aid in job placement.
- If you have served in the armed forces, you can obtain tuition assistance. After serving in military, you can get a good start in a new career through free CNA training.
- You can also take advantages of free nursing programs under the Workforce Investment Act. This act provides facility of free education to lay off employees, displaced homemakers, and students, who are aged between 14 and 21 and fulfill all the requirements.