To become a certified nursing assistant in the state of Michigan involve some steps. The preliminary step is to attend the nurse aide program, which is regulated by the ‘Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs’ (LARA). The next step is to appear for the exam, which is conducted by the Prometric. When applicants pass the exam then they are placed in the Michigan’s Nursing Aide Registry and become qualified to work as a CNA in the state.
Before candidates apply for the nursing aide certification in Michigan, they must meet the requirements set by the Nursing Board of the state. They are as follows-
- Candidates must complete 18 years of age;
- Candidates must possess the diploma of High School or proof of GED;
- Candidates must free from criminal background. For this, they must take and submit the documents providing the proof of a complete background check;
- Candidates must undertake the complete physical test, including the fingerprinting test, drug screening, TB testing, and proof of the latest immunizations.
How to Apply
Some aspirants can forgo the training program and directly apply for the competency exam. Such privilege is enjoyed by the following candidates-
- Candidates who are enrolled in the program of LPN or RN and have completed a basic course in nursing;
- Candidates who hold the CNA certification(active or expired for the past 12 months) of other state; or
- Candidates with documents of state’s registry with the grace period of 60 days or expired in the previous 2 years.
Average CNA training expenses in Michigan are $ 1000, and it takes around 4 months to finish the state approved nursing training. Apart from this, there are testing fees as well. They are-
- Both Practical and Written – $ 76.50 to Prometric and $ 100 to the testing site.
- Knowledge only – $ 30.50 to Prometric and $ 15 to the test site.
- Clinical only- $ 34 to Prometric and $ 85 to the test site.
The CNA licensure expire in 2 years, and only those candidates can renew their nursing aide credentials who have worked for minimum 8 consecutive hours in the past 2 years as a paid CNAs.
Must know Facts
- CNAs disappear from the state’s registry when their nursing aide certificates expire.
- A sample test is available at the Prometric’s Michigan website – https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/Nurseaide/Documents/Michigan/MICNACIB_20121026_Final.pdf
- Nursing assistants flagged on the state’s registry for misappropriation of property, neglect or resident abuse are not eligible to apply for the certificate renewal.
- Expenses on training and testing of the candidates, who are employed at nursing facilities during the training, are borne by their employers.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- MSN - Education (BSN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (RN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (BSN Track)
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner