American Red Cross, with an aim to provide quality education to potential CNAs, has been offering nurse aide training for more than twenty years. Currently, it is conducting learning programs in thirty-six states of USA. This organization is considered to provide the best certified nursing assistant classes, across the country. It hires the best industry professionals to teach the students.
Advantages of Red Cross CNA Training Programs
- The classes expose aspirants to a variety of information and skills that enables them to successfully qualify the certification exam.
- Classes are organized with altering schedules, many times a quarter. This made it easy for the busy candidates to accommodate their schedule, as per their convenience.
- You can easily afford the Red Cross nurse aide courses.
- Training is offered in compliance with federal and state rules.
- At several locations, laboratories are established to mimic actual clinical environment, so as to make the students well versed before they undertake their practical training.
- Students are kept acquainted with latest information on medical technology.
- Red Cross is one of the renowned institutes of USA. This helps you in earning a handsome salary.
- The programs, conducted by this organization, are recognized at the national level. This means, if candidates get licensed through this program, they can carry their work in any state of USA.
- The classes are available both offline and online.
- Although Red Cross training is not provided free of cost, but financial assistance is offered to the eligible candidates.
About the Classes
The curriculum is split into 2 parts- clinical and classroom lecture. Experienced RNs (Registered Nurses) teach the students. The in-class lectures are aided with video demonstration that makes learning easier. Students are allowed to gain practical knowledge during clinical exposure.
After getting admittance in the Red Cross classes, students need to follow the policies and work hard to appear in the licence test. During the study period, any type of negligence and misbehaviour is punishable. You might get rusticated, if found indulged in any such behaviours. You are supposed to arrive in time to your classes. In case, you miss the class, be ready to pay extra charges on an hourly basis, for recuperating the missed lectures. It’s also obligatory for the students to take part in all sorts of sessions and events.
Duration of the Classes
Depending on the requirements, prescribed by the respective state, the duration of the classes varies from seventy-five hours to hundred and twenty hours. The programs may last for 4 to 12 weeks. The course is designed by the local chapter, after consultation with the State Nursing Board and consideration of the laws and.
Objectives of the Coursework
The curriculum is intended to train prospective nurse aides to:
- Respect the privacy and dignity of the clients.
- Assess the vital signs of the patients.
- Enhance observation skills.
- Provide contribution for the growth of the health-care industry.
- Develop communication skills.
- Fulfil the emotional, social and mental requirements of the patients.
- Improve interpersonal skills.
Content of the Course
The content of the curriculum varies from state to state. Some of the general topics, covered in the course of Red Cross nursing training are as follows:
- Nursing basics
- Personal care of the patients
- Documentation skills
- Nutrition and hygiene
- Emergency procedures and safety rules
- Infection control
- Lifting and positioning the patients
- Medical terms and ethics
- Time management
- Anatomy and Physiology
Pre-requisites to Sign-up for Red Cross Nurse Aide Programs
Only those students, who fulfil the following criteria, are allowed to apply for training course:
- Candidates should have at least 18 years of age.
- She should not be pregnant.
- Applicants are ought to submit the health check and fingerprint report.
- You have to present a proof of non-involvement in any sort of crime.
- You must be proficient in English language.
How to register for Red Cross CNA training?
Step 1- Search for a Red Cross chapter in your locality. You can take help of the Nurse Aide Registry or official website to locate the chapters
Step 2- Do call at the numbers mentioned on the website. The speaker will give you all the relevant information about the program, like dress code, duration, fees, exam procedure, fees, etc.
Step 3- Download the application form, background information disclosure form and self-assessment health form from the website.
Step 4- Fill all the forms and submit them, in order to sit for an entrance exam.
Step 5- Qualify the entrance test.
How to apply for scholarship?
Though Red Cross provides affordable classes, you need not to drop your dream of becoming a certified nursing assistant, if you can’t pay for this amount. Apply to obtain scholarship. Remember, the scholarship will be offered for that amount; you are not able to pay for it.
The procedure is as follows:
Step 1- Visit the official website of Red Cross and download the scholarship application form.
Step 2- Mention your yearly household income and submit a proof for the same.
Step 3- The local chapter will contact you within 3 to 4 weeks, after submission of income proof and application form.
Address for Contact
American Red Cross National Headquarters
Address: 2025, East Street, Washington, DC- 20006