Board of Nursing Hawaii is part of The Professional and Vocational Licensing Division (PVL). The board composes of 9 members and representations are from professional nursing field and public. Out of 9 members, 1 is APRN, 5 RN’s, 1 LPN and 2 members represent Public.
The basic function of the (PVL) is to promulgate the licensing rules and regulations for 47 different professions and vocations. There are 25 licensing regulatory boards and commissions that are administratively affiliated to DCCA/PVL, along with 22 licensing programs, without a board or commission.
It is the responsibility of PVL to provide staff support to these licensing regulatory boards, review and processes license and other renewals, handles applications, licenses, maintain and document license records. TheProfessional and Vocational Licensing Division also assist in the implementation of the licensing laws and administrative rules for the 48 licensing areas.
PVL is divided into four branches:
- Licensing Branch comprises of the Applications Section and the Records Section
- Examination Branch has the responsibility for the administration of all the licensing examinations, set licensing standard, confirms the validity and reliability of exams, and offer guidance to the boards on all technical aspects of examinations.
- Administration Branch acts as the liaison between the director of the department and 25 administratively DCCA attached boards and commissions.
- · Real Estate Branch
The Board of Nursing Hawaii offers information and services in the following fields:
- Home Nursing
- Nursing Important Announcements
- Application Forms & Publications
- Application Deadline & Examination Date
- Statute/Rule Chapter
- Board Meeting Schedule
- Nursing Related Websites
Hawaii Nurse Aide Registry for working certified nurse aides and nurses is also regulated, managed and maintained by HI board of Nursing. All accredited CNA programs, throughout the state of Hawaii are approved, disapproved, regulated and maintained by the Board. The department also sees that the licensing and education programs meet the stipulations of the federal authorities.
Applicants, Licensee and public can contact DCCA on their Hours of Operation Monday to Friday from 7:45 AM – 4:30 PM (Hawaii Standard Time), except state holidays and furlough days.
DCCA Contact details are as under:
King Kalakaua Building
335 Merchant Street, Rm. 301
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
P.O. Box 3469
Honolulu, HI 96801
RICO Consumer Resource Center
(808) 587-3295 or (808) 587-3222
Professional and Vocational Licensing
Lee Ann Teshima
Ph: (808) 586-2695