Board of Nursing West Virginia consists of 5 members represented from nursing profession and public. There are three Registered Nurses and two public Board members.
Annually, Board holds 3 meetings, which are open to the public, except the proceedings conducted during executive session in accordance with West Virginia law.
If any public is interested to attend the Board meeting, can contact the Board office by phone 304-558-3596 or e-mail email@example.com so that seating arrangement for the meeting can be made by the Board. The meeting agenda are provided on the site at least two weeks prior to the meeting.
Board of Nursing West Virginia is mandated and established under Chapter 30 of the West Virginia Code to carry out duties and responsibilities relating to:
- Review and evaluate NCSBN Registered Nurse NCLEX exam and Nurse Licensure examination scores of each program to evaluate the standard.
- Visit two nursing education programs twice annually.
- Conduct on-site visits annually.
- Issue licenses to qualified persons
- Provide relevant educational information to RNs, dialysis technicians, and the public concerning:
- Orientation to the Board
- Advanced Practice
- Practice Issues
- Process complaints received from health care professionals and the public in proper time period.
- Prompt respond to applications and requests related to:
- Verification of licenses and certification
- Discipline cases
- The function of the Board
- Patients’ rights information
- Conduct the review and evaluation of multi-state regulation
- Evaluate and assess the effectiveness of the impaired nurse treatment program.
- Make available various modes of communication opportunities with the Board.
- Implement the rules relative to the regulation of dialysis technicians.
The services offered by the Board include:
- Board Meetings
- Contact Us
Board of Nursing West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses
101 Dee Drive, Suite 102
Charleston, WV 25311-1620
Phone: (304) 558-3596 or 1-877-743-NURS(6877)
Fax: (304) 558-3666
Web Address: www.wvrnboard.com
Email: wvrnboarde-mail firstname.lastname@example.org