Board of Nursing Florida comes under Florida Department of Health. It was in 1889, when Florida’s state health department was established for the control of infectious and communicable diseases and, till date public health services is the main motto of this department.
The mission of the FL health department is to Promote, protect and improve the health of all Florida public and citizens and it plans to achieve its goal by protecting the health and safety of all people of FL. The vision of the department is “A healthier future for the people of Florida”.
In order to achieve these aims, special emphasis is laid on following three main roles:
- Health Protection
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention – through health promotion and education programs.
- Health Treatment
Florida Board of Nursing is also a part of the Division of Medical Quality Assurance, where complete information and services relating to licensures, education programs, consumer information, disciplinary actions and others can be availed.
FL Nurse Aide Registry is also managed, regulated and maintained by Florida Board of Nursing. All education programs offered throughout the Florida state are approved, disapproved and regulated by the Board.
Basic services offered by the Florida Board of Nursing include
- Online – Application for Status Check
- Licensure – license application, Information for Current Licensees, license verification, Renewal Information
- ARNP Information
- Certified Nursing Aide (CNA)
- CNS Information
- Consumer Information
- Contact Information
- FBN News, Mailman and Declaratory Statements
The following details are also available with MQA:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Intervention Project for Nurses (IPN)
- Final Order and Emergency Action Search Screen
Laws and Rules
- Board Meeting/Agenda/Minutes/Audio
- RN/LPN School Information
- Compare Nursing Education Programs
- Background Screening
- Disaster/Emergency Practice Letter
Any applicant, licensees and public, wanting any licensure, education program, background checking, CNA and other relevant details can browse MQA Website or contact Board for availing above knowledge:
The contact detail of MQA CNA is as under:
Fax Number: (850) 245-4172
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin #C13
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-3252