Board of Nursing Alaska is located at:
Robert B. Atwood Building
550 W. 7th Avenue, Suite 1500
Anchorage, AK 99501-3567
Any information regarding Nurse Aides/CNAs can be availed by contacting:
CNA Licensing Examiner Nurse Aide Registry
Phone: (907) 269-8169
Fax: (907) 269-8196
The main mission of the Board of Nursing Alaska is to strive continuously for a Healthy Economy and Strong Communities. The board also have main motto to provide and promote quality health of the public and citizens of Alaska, through safe and competent nursing cares as mandated by Nurse Practice Act or Law.
The board has laid down standards and regulations for meeting the requirements of the law in nursing practice and practice of nurse aides or nurse assistants. The board also has the final decision making authority for licensing and responsible for taking needed disciplinary action against individuals or nursing professionals that violate the licensing laws.
The board schedules their meeting or meet 4 times every year and provide a public comment period at each meeting.
The AL Nursing board also have their own web site at http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/occ/pnur.htm, where one can review and have the option for :
- Acquiring duplicate license, by requesting for the Duplicate Professional License Form, #08-0014
- · Board of Nursing Discipline Database
- · Board of Nursing Advisory Opinions
Questions about interpreting regulations or practice information can be availed by contacting Nancy Sanders, Executive Administrator for the Board of Nursing. Her Email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Nursing Listserv is also available and one can obtain them by subscribing to the Alaska Board of Nursing electronic mailing list and receive the following:
- Agendas for the meeting
- Minutes of the meeting
- Quarterly Newsletters
- Position Statements
- Regulation changes notice
These procedures can be termed as informal communication with the board.
The basic functions of the board can be summed up as follows:
Suggestion Box for Board Staff
- Applications for RN/LPN
- Applications for Reinstatement
- ANP/CRNA Applications
- Miscellaneous Forms
- Refresher Course Information
- Requirements for Foreign Educated Nurse (CGFNS)
- NCLEX Information
- Continued Competency (CE) Information
Nurse Aide Registry Services
- Nurse Aide Renewals
- Applicant Information
- Details about State Approved Nurse Aide Programs
- Continuing Education Information
- Criteria for an Individual and Health Care Facility
- Requirements for Medication Administration Course
- Approved Medication Administration Course