The nursing education board of Texas has an aim to provide healthy and successful lives to the people of the state by making sure that all nurses are licensed from the board and are efficient enough to provide them with all possible services required for improvement in their health.
Texas Board Nursing fulfills a lot of responsibilities and ensures that each of them is performed with utmost dedication and sincerity.
Some of the important duties are mentioned below:
- Providing rules and regulations as well as guidelines to the nursing institutes regarding the organization of various diploma, degree and other courses in nursing
- Offering verification of licensure to the nursing professionals
- Providing online database maintenance as well as update of student information as per need
- Issuing certification and renewal applications to the candidates
- Promoting and encouraging the involvement of larger number of candidates in the profession of nursing
All these tasks are performed by the board for the overall welfare of the citizens of Texas as well as for the development of the nation as a whole.
The board of nursing in Texas provides license to the nurses who fulfill the below mentioned conditions:
- Completed graduation and have passed the NCLEX examination
- Received authorization to practice as advance nurses in the state
- Possess no criminal records
In all, there are 13 board members who decide the set of rules and regulations that are to be issued to the community colleges and institutes of nursing in the state to ensure their proper functioning.
Following are some of the important points included in the guidelines of the nursing education centers in Texas:
- Clinical training must be provided along with academic lessons to the individuals for their overall development
- Only two students must be provided live training at a time under the supervision of expert faculties
- Government institutions must provide facilities for education, resources and effective growth of the candidates of nursing by improvement in their skills
- Written agreements must be signed between the college authorities and the students regarding the educational programs as well as live training facilities
- Adequate space must be provided for the records and files so that they do not get misplaced
- Updated technology and services are to be used for guiding and acquainting the students with the latest scenario of medical facilities
- Libraries and other such learning places must be fully loaded with relevant material for learning and enhancing skills in nursing
The community colleges are required to follow all these rules in order to excel in the field of education. The board of nursing in Texas ensures that the schools are taking care of these points while educating the candidates.
This is all about the guidelines for the institutes of nursing.
Texas board has also taken the responsibility of promoting health awareness among the citizens of the state which is fulfilled by keeping in mind the following factors:
- Encouraging people to follow healthy dietary habits so that they can secure themselves fit and happy lives
- Moreover, the use of dangerous things like cigarettes and alcohol is discouraged
- Various forms of work outs and exercises along with yoga classes are promoted for better health care
- A lot of seminars and presentations are conducted that enlighten people regarding the benefits of staying fit and healthy
Hence, the Texas board of nursing has left no stone unturned in providing top class health services to its citizens. The growth of a nation is marked by the number of healthy people it has and therefore, with the implementation of its innovative and effective ideas, the Texas board is progressing in the direction of all round development of the nation.