The Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing (FPB) is international leader in nursing education and research, located at Case Western Reserve University. The global leadership in nursing field has also prompted the FPB to prepare nursing professionals, who excel in nursing field and are confident and dynamic with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes for overall continuous improvement of the quality and safety of healthcare systems.
The history of Case Western Reserve University School of Nursing, known as the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing (FPB) goes back to 1923, when it was created and was named after Frances Payne Bolton (1885-1977). The FPB nursing school is situated at University Circle, on a 550-acre cultural and scientific hub on the eastern edge of Cleveland, Ohio.
The students are also fortunate to have ready access to few of the most premier and distinguished healthcare organizations, including
- University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic:
- Louis Stokes VA Medical Center:
- MetroHealth Medical Center:
FPB is also nation’s first in many programs, such as first practice doctorate in nursing, the first acute care nurse practitioner program, and the first flight nursing program. The school also offer research and training in the fields of cardiopulmonary, gerontology, health services, maternal-child, mental health, and oncology/genetics.
The school is known for its various innovative programs for undergraduates to post-doctoral students, covering whole gamut of program range for everyone in between.
Different types of Programs offered by Case Western Reserve University School of Nursing include
- Graduate Entry Program for Non-Nurses, is a full-time, four-semester graduate degree program for professionals with non-nursing bachelor’s degrees
- BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) is for RN licensure and for further pursuit of an MSN, DNP, and/or PhD.
- MSN (Master of Science in Nursing) prepare professionals for roles as nurse practitioners, anesthetists, midwives, or clinical nurse specialists. The courses are offered in intensive, online, or weekend formats.
- DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice) offers leadership in nursing practice, health system administration, and clinical research.
- PhD (Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing)
- MSN nurses; fast-track option available to BSN and MN nurses
- Post-Doctoral Opportunities can be applied by with a PhD in nursing by Researcher, scientist, and/or university-level faculty member.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs are accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC):
- The nurse anesthesia program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Education Programs (COA):
- The nurse midwifery program is accredited by the ACNM Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (formerly ACNM Division of Accreditation):
- Case Western Reserve University is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Higher Learning Commission:
The Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing (FPB)
2120 Cornell Road
Cleveland, Ohio 44106-4904