The Denver School of Nursing was incorporated in the year 2003 by Professional Education Corporation, and in the same year school was granted a license to operate. It is situated at “Lodo” area of downtown Denver, Colorado in the main building. The main school located at 1401 19th Street Denver, CO 80202, covers an area of a 24,000 square foot.
DSN also has an annex, which is two blocks from the main campus and located on the 4th floor of the building at 1875 Lawrence Street in downtown Denver. The annex covers 6211 square foot area and locates a Simulation Lab, whereas the main building holds a Learning Resource Center, comprising of high-speed Internet access, computer workstations, web-based resources, printers, Classroom, lab and so on.
Simulation Lab has resources, such as medication administration equipment, electronic medical record software, modern supplies and so on. The annex also constitutes of additional staff offices, a new computer lab, debriefing rooms and others. Simulation Lab in the annex has two (2) Medical/Surgical rooms and two (2) Obstetric/Pediatric rooms, along with (4) patient rooms, where 6-8 nursing students in each room can be accommodated.
Vision and Mission
Denver School of Nursing has incorporated a vision of preparing well competent health care providers, who can transform the lives of persons and communities by their innovative education and health care acumen.
The mission of the school is offering exclusive higher education to students, which can offer them diverse opportunities in their nursing career and other medical fields.
The basic program of Study offered by the school of nursing includes
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Completion Program (students with prior college credits)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Program (students without prior college credits)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing RN to BSN Option (students with RN licensure seeking BSN)
- Associate Degree in Nursing Completion Option (students with prior college credits)
- Associate Degree in Nursing LPN to ADN Option (students with LPN licensure seeking ADN)
Accreditation and Approvals
The programs of the Denver School of Nursing are approved and accredited by:
- Colorado State Board of Nursing (CBON).
Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
ACCSC recognized Denver School of Nursing as a 2008-2009 ACCSC School of Excellence
- The college is a candidate with The Higher Learning Commission and an affiliate of the North Central Association.
- The Associate’s Degree and Baccalaureate Degree nursing programs are candidates for accreditation by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.