Mercy School of Nursing is located at Charlotte since 1906 and the same year it was opened together with Mercy Hospital. Since, 1906, 1,700 students have graduated through the years and the school have also managed to maintain excellence in nursing education for over 100 years and, continues to maintain it till date.
The Mission of the school is to prepare school graduates, who can be competent Registered Nurses, practicing in various healthcare settings. The school comprises of students from diverse backgrounds, who are instructed and supported by faculties that are well caring, experienced and responsible. Mercy School of Nursing aims to offer such an environment, which instills self-direction, enhances critical thinking skills and inspire the value of a life-long learning process in a student. The student gets an opportunity to learn in a hospital-based environment, thus offering valuable clinical experience. Many students even join CMC-Mercy for working, after completion of their graduation
The basic goal of the school is to support the graduates to begin their practice as a safe and competent entry level practitioner of nursing in acute, intermediate, ambulatory and long-term settings. Mercy school also assists the graduates to qualify for the RN licensing examination and instill self confidence in self – directed learning, which can assist them in achieving their personal and professional goals
The basic qualitative service offered by the school includes
- The school enrolls a maximum 140 students
- Offers a variety of curriculum options to obtain a diploma in nursing.
- Graduates can sit for licensure as registered nurses.
- Students get a hospital-based environment
- Well competent, supportive and experienced administration, faculty and staff.
- A student gets chance of early clinical experiences.
- Number of students in a class is lower offering individual attention
- Full-time faculty for master’s degree preparation
- Excellent licensing examination pass rates
- Two-thirds of credits in clinical nursing courses
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the Southeast region
- Part of Carolinas HealthCare System
- CHS Loan Forgiveness program totaling 80% for students commitment to work at facilities located at Charlotte area following graduation
Mercy school of Nursing has been accorded Accreditations, Affiliations and Approval through:
- North Carolina Board of Nursing
PO Box 2129
Raleigh, NC 27602
- North Carolina State Approving Agency
120 Penmarc Drive, Suite 103
Raleigh, NC 27603
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
- National League for Nursing
- North Carolina Association of Financial Aid Administrators
Mercy School of Nursing
701-B Forest Point Circle
Charlotte, NC 28273