Muhlenberg School of Nursing was founded in 1894. From, 2 students of first class, who were graduated two years later, today, school has enrolled more than 300 students in various programs offered by the school.
- An affiliation with Union County College in Cranford, New Jersey was established by the School of Nursing in 1971, which resulted in the formation of Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center School of Nursing/Union County College Cooperative Nursing Program.
- · In 1964, The School of Radiography was established to meet the demand of graduate radiographers for a hospital-based radiography program.
- In 1982, the School of Radiography also formed an affiliation with Union County College, known as the Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center/Union County College Amplified Radiography Program.
- In order to prepare certified nuclear medicine technologists, the School of Nuclear Medicine Technology was established in affiliation with Union County College and is known as Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center/Union County College Nuclear Medical Technology Amplified Program in 1998.
- The School of Radiation Therapy was established in 2000.
- The Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, a hospital based Sonography program was established in 2003.
A Diploma in Radiation Therapy can be earned from Muhlenberg Snyder Schools and a Bachelor of Science Degree (BSN) through the Amplified Program can be obtained through Union County College and Thomas Edison State College.
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, the New Jersey Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners has accredited the School of Radiation Therapy and approval is offered for Veterans Training.
To get admission in the school, it is essential to appear for a pre-admission entrance test, which may be either the Nurse Entrance Test (NET) or the Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test (HOBET).
The programs offered by the school include
- Registered Nursing
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Radiation Therapy
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
On-campus housing is available at the JFK Snyder Schools.
Muhlenberg School of Nursing
Park Avenue & Randolph Road,
Plainfield, NJ 07060
Ph: (908) 668-2000