If you are a victim of economic recession and facing financial constraints to attend nursing field to shape up your career in this field, what alternative do you have to meet your tuition fees, living expenses and accommodation expenses? If you are not able to bear your nursing education expenses, you can apply for federal and state, and private grants, scholarships and other forms of student loans for your free nursing education or you can get opt for student loan repayment facility.
Nursing School Grants
Nursing School Grants are offered by both the government as well as private institutions. The students availing these grants are in many cases not required to repay to the organization that offer these student grants.
The most popular grant that is offered to deserving lower income group student is, a federal Pell Grant application, where the student is granted around $5,500. The grant money can be utilized for your education or any educated related expenses. But, it is also necessary that the nursing school, college or the University you are enrolling for your education must be eligible for such grants.
Federal Grants for Nursing Students
The common Federal Grants for Nursing Students includes the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, division of Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) sponsored grants either specifically or tangentially offered to the students.
Few of these grants are as follows:
- Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students comes under federally funded scholarship program and funding covers a wide range of specialties together with other programs also.
- Nursing Scholarship Program covering 200 scholarships/grant awards, comprising of a monthly stipend of over $1,000 monthly stipend and, tuition and associated expenses that are offered to qualifying nurses every year, for agreeing to work in a high-need health care facility for no less than 2 years after graduation. Nursing Education Loan Repayment
- Indian Health Service Loan Repayment Program is a federally funded nursing student loan repayment program of the Indian Health Service, a division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Florida’s state schools were awarded HRSA nursing grants for Advanced Education Nursing Grants.
- The North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority offers 300 and 400 merit-based awards as part of the Nurse Scholars Program and students can avail these grants by enrolling in full-time in a state-accredited two-year or four-year undergraduate or graduate nursing program.
- Arizona State University sponsors American Indian Students United for Nursing. Thus grant is offered to the Native Americans. The funding for the grant is provided by the Indian Health Services, a division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Additional Grants
Other associations offering Nursing School Grants include:
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Emergency Nurses Foundation Association
- Gerontological Society of America